What better summer dessert than a warm s’more fresh off the campfire. Better yet, how about a s’mores brownie. We’ve wholesomed it up with our delicious avocado brownies topped with mini vegan marshmallows - make sure to try it before it’s gone. Can’t make it to a campfire this summer? Try these healthy at home s’more alternatives that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Baked Banana S’mores
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 Tbsp mini marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the banana lengthwise and slightly open and then place on aluminum foil.
- Insert marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Wrap the banana in the aluminum foil and bake for 5-6 minutes, until the chocolate is melted and marshmallows are golden.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers and strawberries, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all the ingredients except the marshmallows to a food processer and blend until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a baking dish and top with the marshmallows.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the marshmallows have puffed up and are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers and strawberries.
Caramel Apple S’mores
- 4 marshmallows
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 4 chocolate squares
- Warm caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the marshmallows on the baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
- Top one apple slice with chocolate and a toasted marshmallow and then drizzle with warm caramel.
- Top with the second apple slice.
- Repeat to make four apple s’mores and enjoy!
Eat well, be well
Emma Minden, Registered Dietitian, Wholesome GO