It’s Thanksgiving this weekend and it is going to look a little different across the country and here in Ontario, Health officials are urging everyone to limit the indoor festivities, scale back on social gathering, and put a hold on the giant family turkey dinner.
Before we put our sad faces on, it looks like the weather is going to make social distancing outdoors, something to be thankful for.
Here are a few ideas of fun activities you can still do this weekend.
- Take a Scenic Walk. This province is alive with colour at this time a year and we have some incredible and family friendly hiking trails in the greater Toronto area. Get outside and take in some of that fresh fall air.
- Fall Outdoor Dining. Restaurants have been struggling to keep their heads above water during this pandemic and many have extended patio season by erecting tents and installing heaters to make it comfortable. Or you can check out this family friendly outdoor pop up experience in Toronto that includes wood-fired food, a wine bar and a pumpkin patch, open all weekend.
- A Virtual Escape Room. Check out one of the most popular virtual escape rooms in North America called Daydream Adventure, located on the Danforth in Toronto. They’re currently running an online adventure called The Witch’s Forest, where all you need is WiFi, two devices, a paper and a pen to play.
- Go for a Bike Ride. There are so many amazing bike trails in this province and while you may have your own hometown favourites, here is a great list of some of the best bike trails in and around Toronto
- Take an Outdoor Art Gallery Tour. The McMichael Gallery in Vaughan Ontario is home to some of Canada's greatest works and unique stories. It really is a distinctly Canadian art experience. This weekend and for the rest of the month they are running outdoor tours every Thursday-Sunday at 11:30 am.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch. There is nowhere better to snap a few Instagram worthy family photos or to find that perfect oddly shaped pumpkin for Halloween. Downey's Farm in Caledon, ON is a great spot for the whole family with a farm store and other fun activities running all weekend.
Whatever you choose to do this weekend, we hope you use your best judgement, stay safe, and enjoy everything you have to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving, eat well and be well