Valentine’s Day is the holiday of love. Love for our families, love for our friends, and love for our partners. Kids typically pick their favourite Valentine’s Day cards to hand out to their classmates. This year with some children home from school, it is especially important to make Valentine’s Day feel special. Check out our cookie kits which include incredibly tasty heart-shaped red velvet shortbread cookies with ready-to-ice buttercream piping bags and festive sprinkles. The kit also includes an activity card with games to play while you are decorating and 3 valentines you can fill in and cut out to spread some love amongst your family and friends. You can order here.
I’ve included some delicious Valentine's-themed drinks to enjoy with your freshly iced cookies.
Raspberry Vanilla Pink Hot Chocolate
- 5 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Tbsp raspberry simple syrup (see recipe below)
- Optional: whipped cream
- For the raspberry simple syrup, add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar to a small saucepan and whisk over medium heat until dissolved. Add 3 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries and stir continuously until the mixture starts to boil. Lower the temperature and let simmer for 30 minutes, removing any foam that forms on the top. Strain the mixture to remove any raspberry chunks or seeds. Let cool and keep in a jar and refrigerate.
- For the hot chocolate, add the milk to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the white chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Add vanilla and stir.
- Remove from heat and let cool a little before adding your raspberry extract.
Sparkling Strawberry Float
- 1 cup strawberry sorbet
- 4 cups club soda or sparkling water
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- Place the strawberry sorbet in a glass. Pour chilled club soda or sparkling water over top and gently stir.
- Sprinkle with sliced strawberries and enjoy!
Wishing you a berry happy Valentine's Day!
Eat well, be well
Emma Minden, Registered Dietitian, Wholesome GO